Reasons Why Your Legs Cramp up at Night & How to Fix It with Crampeze Forte
Do you ever get leg cramps at night, otherwise known as nocturnal leg cramps? They’re often accompanied by pains that occur before and during sleep. They can cause a person to wake up usually as a result of prolonged hours of inactivity. Nocturnal leg cramps commonly occur in the calf but can also cause pain in the thighs and feet.
Pain due to leg cramps at night can last for mere seconds or for several minutes. The length of time varies from person to person. After the leg cramp passes, muscle soreness often lingers (sometimes for a little bit and other times into the following day). They don’t discriminate either… Both men and women can experience leg cramps, more commonly in adults over the age of 50.
How Leg Cramps at Night Are Different from Restless Leg Syndrome
Both nocturnal leg cramps and restless leg syndrome (RLS) occur during sleeping hours but that is the only similarity between the two conditions. There are many differences between leg cramps at night and restless leg syndrome, including:
- RLS does not cause pain or cramping, while nocturnal leg cramps do.
- RLS is more of a discomfort or crawling feeling in your legs.
- RLS causes the desire to move the legs, while nocturnal leg cramps often prevent movement.
- Moving the leg in RLS offers relief, while trying to move during a nocturnal leg cramps does not help. (Instead, try stretching it out.)
The exact cause of nocturnal leg cramps is often unknown, but potential causes and risk factors of nightly leg cramps include:
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Over-exertion of the muscles in the leg
- Standing or working on concrete floors
- Sitting improperly
Medical conditions, too, can contribute to nocturnal leg cramps, such as:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Magnesium deficiency
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Structural disorders like flat feet
- Endocrine disorders like diabetes
- Diuretics, statins, beta agonists
Crampeze forte is your Treatment and Prevention for Nocturnal Leg Cramps
Crampeze forte is your Treatment for nocturnal leg cramps depend on the cause. Take one capsule half an hour and drinking sufficient amounts of water. To help treat and prevent nocturnal leg cramps, and RLS.